We must verify all businesses that sign up to use GoCardless before we can release any collected funds, so we recommend completing this as soon as possible.
- Why do we need to verify your account?
- What information do we require?
- Can I speak to someone on the Account Verification team?
As a payment provider, GoCardless is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – this means that we have to comply with strict regulatory requirements that help keep us, and our customers safe.
|Unfortunately, we are currently unable to automatically verify organisations based in the US. We are working towards streamlining this process, however whilst we do so, our process requires a number of manual steps. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.|
The information that we require will depend on the business type you select. Depending on your selection, we will ask you to enter some (or all) of the following information in the setup section:
- Business type and industry
- Your personal details (such as address and birth date)
- Director details (such as address and birth date)
- Shareholders/Ultimate Beneficial owners (UBOs)
- Control prong member details
- Business contact details
- Bank account details
Our Account Verification team are not available via phone - all correspondence is conducted via email to ensure we have an auditable paper trail of the checks we’ve conducted, as well as a record of the communication between both parties.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we endeavour to respond to all queries as soon as possible.
If you do have an issue you’d like to raise, please contact our Account Verification team.