There are two types of corporations in the US that can use GoCardless to collect payments:
|Corporations||Corporations have a board of Directors and Shareholders. Their company names will typically end with Corp or Inc.|
|Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)||Limited Liability Companies have 'members' rather than 'shareholders'.|
If your business falls into this business type, follow these steps on the Tell us about your company step of your setup form:
1. Select your business type
2. Search for your company using the name or registration number
As you type, matching companies will appear. Click on your company to auto fill the details. (If your company doesn't appear, you can enter your information manually instead).
4. Choose your industry and provide a description of what your company does
5. Enter the name and date of birth of all company directors
Click on Add another director to add multiple people.
6. Select one director from the dropdown menu to verify
You will then be required to enter the postcode / address of your chosen director so we can perform the verification check. This must be their home address.
7. Enter details of all Ultimate Beneficial Owners
These are any persons (or other companies) owning 25% or more of your business. For more information on Ultimate Beneficial Owners, please click here.
Please note: Applications must include one Control Prong member and all UBOs. Any beneficial owners missing from the application will cause delays to verification of the account.
8. Tick the box to confirm that details of all individuals owning or controlling more than 25% of the company’s shares or voting rights, and all individuals who otherwise exercise control over the management of the company, have been entered accurately
9. Once you've completed this section, click Continue to move to the next step
Click here to go to the guide for the next step in the process, Adding your contact details.