There are four types of limited company in France that can use GoCardless to collect payments:
|Société à responsabilité limitée (SARL)||A limited liability company that has between 2 and 50 shareholders and a managing director.|
|Entreprise Unipersonelle à Responsibilité Limitée (EURL)||A limited liability company that has 1 shareholder and has been set up by 1 person, who is considered the managing director.|
|Société par Actions Simplifiées (SAS)||A limited company that has at least 2 shareholders and a minimum capital of €23,000.|
|Société par Actions Simplifiées Unipersonnelle (SASU)||A limited company that can be set up by 1 person. The minimum capital is €37,000 or €225,000 if you want your stock to be publicly traded.|
All French limited companies have a registration number (Siren) and are recorded in the French companies register.
If your business falls into one of these limited company types, follow these steps on the Tell us about your company step of your setup section:
1. Select Limited company as your business type
2. Choose your industry and provide a description of what your company does
3. Search for your company using the name or registration number
As you type, matching companies will appear. Click on your company to auto fill the details. (If your company doesn't appear, you can enter your information manually instead).
4. Enter the name and date of birth of all company directors
Click on Add another director to add multiple people.
5. Select one director from the dropdown menu to verify
You will then be required to enter the address of your chosen director so we can perform the verification check. This must be their home address.
6. Enter details of all Ultimate Beneficial Owners
These are any persons (or other companies) owning 25% or more of your business.
7. Tick the box to confirm that details of all individuals owning or controlling more than 25% of the company’s shares or voting rights, and all individuals who otherwise exercise control over the management of the company, have been entered accurately
8. Once you've completed this section, click Continue to move to the next step
Click here to go to the guide for the next step, Adding your contact details.